Filters can be applied in Tableau to dimensions and measures.
Filters are a good way to answer questions on different data scenerios.
- Create visualization according to your requirements
- Understand the business rule for your filter
- Drop field which you want to use for filter on the “filter shelf”
- Tableau will prompt “How do you want to filter “
- Select your options, for this exercise i selected “All values” . This will apply filter on each row
- Choose the options based on your business rule for Range of values,At least,At most and special
- Your data will be displayed with filter applied.
Please visit my video for details